Friday, December 29, 2006

Interviews starts the New Year off right

Monday is New Year's Day! I'm starting off the new year with two interviews. One is in OH and the other one is in TX. Inbetween the two interviews, I am traveling back down to Dallas.
Side bar....did not have a whtie christmas, basically no snow at all while I am home. I wanted my snow.
Tuesday, at 9 am, I have an interview at a charter school here in the Akron area. I do not have my OH teaching certificate, it expired back in 2003. I have to get two different transcripts (one is for the school I am applying to), fill out an application, and pay $60 to get my OH teaching certificate. Back in October, when I was on the website for this school, I did read that they teach ADAHD students, and others who have a harder time in the regular environment. I know it is teaching math and science, but not sure what grade. I do prefer my intermediate grades.
Thursday, in the afternoon, I am interviewing for a recruiter position at a college in the area. This position recruits high school students to go to this school. Actually, in the past, I thought it would be fun to travel to the different job fairs and talk about the school district or school and recruit prospective teachers to that district or school.
This morning in my devotions, I read from John where Jesus talks (about himself) how a seed will only grow and produce new seed once it has died and is buried. That got me to thinking and praying about my dreams/desires. One of my heart's desires was given to me. I did have my classroom and taught at one school for a few years. I am not sure what my dream is now. But it has died and has been buried. I wrote about this in my diary this morning.

No comments: