Friday, September 04, 2009

My Room

8 days into the school year. I was suppose to have 17 kiddos on the first day of school. 14 showed up. The next day, one moved down to 4th grade, another one withdrew. That left me with 12. This week, I received a new student, moved me up to 13 students. The next day, one student switched to a different classroom (trying to nip bad behavior choices in the bud, and separating a couple of students.) If you are following along with the math, that puts me back down to 12 students. I have 5 girls and 7 boys. The school has more boys than girls.

I am doing pretty good in teaching all the subjects during the day. Following along the benchmarks/standards are so confusing, TX was way better to understand and follow along. My 3 biggest complaints are as follows: Disrespect towards me, NO name papers, and Missing work. I am working on it. Starting next week, I am taking points off for being late and for turning in a NO Name paper.

I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for the job. I am in the grade I love. The challenge is good for me. Still doing grad school this semester. I am thinking of taking Spring off for grad school, because of preparing my kiddos for 3 state tests.

No comments: