Friday, January 17, 2014

Check up with Oncologist

  I saw my oncologist this morning.  My bp was good, and since December 26, I have gained 9 pounds.  I have until February 24, to loose that weight.  I was doing really good staying within a 4 pound range while on the steroids.  I have had more energy the last three weeks, compared to how I was the previous 6 -7 weeks before then. 
   I will be done with the steroids on Monday!  Yeah!  I was originally scheduled to see my lung doctor on Monday, but that appointment has been cancelled and rescheduled twice.  I am now scheduled to see him on Monday, February 24. Will see if that stays or gets rescheduled.  My oncologist is allowing my lung doctor to schedule my next CT scan. 
   I am scheduled to see my oncologist 8 days before my birthday.  So, if this scan comes back clean, then I will go a year after July's visit before I see my oncologist.  After next month's port flush and blood work, I will start going about 6 weeks in between port flushes.  I don't do that now, but will start doing that. 

No comments: