Sunday, November 05, 2006

Subbing

I am working!!!!! I went in on Halloween for my subbing interview at RISD. I recieved my badge that morning, and was inputed into the system that same time. I received a call little before 6 am the next day, November 1, to sub. I worked the rest of the week. I chose an area that has 10 elementary schools in the feeder plan for the high school. Ten schools should be enough to keep me busy. I am only going to sub grades 2-6. I've been to two different schools. Those schools are different from each other. The first school is a complete 180 degree turn from where I used to teach at. That is the school, I hope to be at a lot. We'll see.

The last time I subbed was the 1997-1998 school year back home in OH. Sub pay then was between $50-$70 a day. Eight years later, sub pay isn't much higher than it was eight years ago. Today it is between $60-$80. Teacher pay has increased in the past eight years. Cost of living as increased in the past eight years. In my opinion, the following salaries need to decrease, actors, sports players, politicans, and supertendients of school districts. Teachers, police officers, and fire fighters need to make more.

No comments: