Saturday, April 21, 2007

EMU Teacher Job Fair

Tuesday, April 17, was the 20th annunal Teacher job fair at Eastern Michigan University. I went up to MI the afternoon before, after subbing. I spent a few hours with my best friend and her 3 sons. We hadn't seen each other since New Year's Eve 2005.

My first EMU job fair was in 1994, and that is when I first became interested in TX. I went back in 1995, and made my first two trips to TX that summer. Nothing came of those trips. I looked in OH and went to the Akron U job fair. I went back up to MI in 1998. I made a trip to MI at the end of May that year, and moved down to Houston that August.

This year, there were school districts from MI (duh!), MN, OR, CA, AZ, AK, KS, IL, IN, LA, TX, KY, OH, TN, NY, AL, MD, FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, MD, NY, and a couple of International recruiters. I visited recruiters from AZ, KS, VA, MD, FL, SC, and NC. I tell them all that I am interested in 4th or 5th, but I am flexible. FL, SC, VA, NC, and MD sounds interesting to me. A school district from MD gave me a letter of interest for ESOL. It is not a contract, but a letter saying that we are both interested in each other, and if I fulfill all the requirements, I will be offered a job. This district is just outside of D.C. Another district, this one from SC is also interested in me. I was told that they were interested in offering me a letter of intent. I said that I wanted to check out the website first. I sent them an email, saying I was interested in the letter of intent. Will see...

Trying to talk my mom into making a road trip to check out some different school districts and their areas. I am hoping to move to a different state later this summer. I have applications to fill out. I have to request more copies of my transcripts, which cost $, for these different school districts, because they will not accept copies. They want orginial copies sent to them.

I thanked the Lord on Tuesday for the interest I recieved from these different school districts. I have already been praying about Tuesday, and asking the Father for his will and not for mine. I am asking for him for his will about where I will work.

No comments: