Saturday, April 14, 2007

Sight and Sound Theatre

I went to Lancaster, PA for a couple of days this week. I went with my mom and three other ladies from her Thursday morning Bible study that meets here at the house. I went with them last time, June 2005. If you don't' already know, Lancaster is home to the Amish and Mennonites. Last time I was there, I found out how the Amish started.

The Amish broke away from the Mennonites. The Mennonites started by a Catholic Dutch Bishop in Switzerland in the mid 1500's. They believed in a complete separation of church and state. Both groups came over to PA in the 1700's. The Amish fascinate me, but I could never live like they do.

Sight and Sound has two theatres in Lancaster. It is a Christian theatre company. They put on four shows a year. Two in the spring and summer and two at Christmas. I have seen three shows so far: Ruth, Psalms of David, and In the Beginning. They are really good. They are all musicals. In the Beginning premiered March 30 of this year. They will be premiering a new Christmas show this year.

Sight and Sound is currently building a new theatre in Branson, MO to open next year. Their first show in Branson, will be Noah. If you ever have a chance you need to go and see one of their shows. Tickets can be pricey, but it is worth it.

We also saw a replica of the Tabernacle. This is located at the Mennonite Historical Society, there in Lancaster. Everything there is to the exact size that God said it should be. I took pictures and bought some postcards.

No comments: