Sunday, December 16, 2007

Issue of Vanity

Tomorrow, if the weather doesn't keep us stuck at home, I am supposed to see my Onc, then go and get my injection. Tomorrow, will be my 12th injection and marks the end of my second month of Interferon. I have heard that starting around the third month, is when your hair starts thin and fall out. I will complete my third month in the middle of January. I love having long hair, even if I do complain about it at different times. I like putting it up in a ponytail, having my mom french braid it, even wearing it down. I do not want to loose my hair.

I have been thinking about this off and on since the summer. At one point, I thought about getting it cut, and just getting it over with. I haven't done that. I have decided, that the first time I see hair just sitting on my pillow, it will be time to get it cut short. That way, I can start getting used to the fact of short hair or no hair on my terms, not on cancer terms.

Yes, I have talked to God about this. I know it is vain to like my hair, and not wanting to loose it. I have asked the Lord not to have me loose it. If God's will is that I loose it, then after I get over it, I will thank him for it.

Again, I thank all of you who are praying for me. It is for your prayers that I have not had that many problems dealing with the side effects of the Interferon. God has answered all of our prayers. I really do appreciate all of your prayers. Thank you again.

No comments: