Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Praxis II Middle Grades Science Test

This past Saturday, June 13, I took the Praxis II Middle Grades Science Test, and let me tell you, it was hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that is enough emphasis for you to understand how hard it was. There were 90 multiple choice questions and 3 essay questions. I had two hours to complete the whole thing.

There were some questions I knew, some I wasn't sure about, some I didn't know and just out right guessed. I haven't taught science in three years, and have only taught fourth-sixth grade science. This test covers fourth-ninth grade. Actually, the study guide said it covers high school and college level science.

The essays, there were three of them,and they count for 25% of the total grade. You receive a 3, 2, or 1 as your grade for each one. The first question I didn't finish, so I'm expecting a 1 on it. The other two, I think I did decent enough job on answering them. So for a score, 3 or 2. Will see. I will my score in about 4 weeks. I do hope I passed. The test cost me $140. By passing, my OH teaching certificate says I can teach science to grades 4-9. I already can teach science up to the eighth grade, but with having the old certificate, some might not think I can.

1 comment:

Praxis II test said...

I agree with you that a good preparation can help you to crack Praxis II test. But I also not forget, joining personnel preparation center which prepare you for the test. Some of my friends took the coaching for preparation and aced the exam, I will never forget the happiness was surrounding on their faces when the aced Praxis II text. So, keep going and prepare well I know you can do it because you are made to this. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Praxis II test