Friday, May 28, 2010

My Fun Day

There are 3 days left of the school year. This morning, we did two Grammar Minutes, listened to a story about a ballerina, then my kids got ready for our egg drop. I gave my kids one week to find a container at home and materials to use in their container to protect their raw egg for when they let it fall from outside the window. Only 4 people brought something from home. The rest found stuff in the classroom to use. Both volunteer grandfathers and two students went outside to stand outside the window. We used 10 eggs. Only 3 eggs did not break, the rest did. They enjoyed that.

I brought in one of the giant cookies from Giant Eagle for them to eat, after the egg drop. Then we had our final store of the year. I did it differently. First I drew tickets from a bag, and if they had the same number as what I drew, then they could take anything from the table. Not everybody liked that, so after awhile, we kinda did an auction on some items. Then it was time for lunch.

After lunch, all of 5th grade met in the gym, and a guy from The Akron Aeros along with Orbit came to visit. Two of my kids were scared of Orbit. It was funny. I took a bunch of pictures. This guy was supposed to talk to the kids, but he didn't. He just explained what was in the folder they were going to get.

Afterwards, we went back to the room, and I got out the bag of feather boas for my kids to put on and have their picture taken. I thought they would enjoy it. A few did. Then I sent six kids to third grade to help them make their protective containers for their egg drop. The two girls who went became mad, afterwards, because they were helping third grade instead of being outside for Fun Friday. Besides, that room had AC, and it was hot outside. They do not always make sense.

No comments: