Friday, August 27, 2010

Overwhelmed

Yesterday and today, I went to a 6th grade transition training for the cluster I will be teaching in. Oh my, Oh my! We have to give semester exams and finals, along with 9 week assessments. We were given a pacing guide for all four subjects. They went over the text books, except math. Science is the best, laid out what we will teach every day for the whole year. The text books are thick, except for science. The worse part, is we have no books or TEs. I did get an email this evening, saying a few things were found at school, so I will see what they are on Monday. The rest will be delivered by the warehouse on the day we get deliveries from the warehouse. That makes it hard to do lesson plans for next week. At least we do have the science stuff, so we can make copies and plans for science. Have to give a test in math and reading/language arts to see where they are academically.

6th grade numbers are 20 in each of the three classes. There are two fifth grades, and they have 32 in each class. Depending on numbers after the first three weeks, I could stay at sixth or move. If that happens, then sixth grade will have about 30 in each class. Need some prayer about all of this.

No comments: