Wednesday, September 01, 2010

First Day of School

Today, was the first day of school. I had 21 students show up. I am about even with the number of boys and girls in my class. A few that were on my list, I knew wouldn't show up, and a few more were added to my list. We went over rules, procedures, passed out papers that had to be signed by parents, did an icebreaker, went to gym, worked on leveling colors for 100 book challenge (still have 7 more to do), and after lunch, took a math pre-test of skills. Tomorrow, have to talk about fire drill, because we will have one tomorrow and again on Friday, and I forgot to talk about that today. Also, hoping to start in on the academic schedule that I made, and will do work in both reading, math, science, and social studies.

Still don't have all of our text books and teacher editions. Our AP, is only at the school 2-3 days a week, and she will be there tomorrow. I think the rest of our books were supposed to have been delivered yesterday and we should hopefully get them in our classrooms by the end of Friday.

Did this week's lesson plans today after school. Will do next week's tomorrow after school, since I get to spend the weekend with my best friend and her family.

Let's see how tomorrow goes.

No comments: