Monday, October 18, 2010

Green vs. Teal

This afternoon, I went to my niece's basketball game. It was game 3 of her season. I didn't go to last week's games. The first basket made was 12 minutes into the game. Each quarter is 8 minutes long. At half-time, the score was 2-0. My niece's team scored their first basket in the 3rd quarter. Final score was 14-8. Her team, scored all of their points in the third quarter. Green lost the game.

Both team tried to make lots of shots, but as you can see from the score, not very many went in. A few were close. One thing, I noticed, is that they didn't pay too much attention to who they were passing the ball to. There were lots of steals because of this. My niece stole the ball a couple of times, tried to make a couple of baskets, and did well, driving the ball down the court.

I didn't make it to any games last year. My niece has made lots of growth in her basketball skills in the past two years. She did make a few baskets last week. She has one more game, that is next Monday, not sure if I will go or not.

No comments: