Sunday, July 10, 2011

Indians Game #1

Through a BP promotion, I have been able to get tickets to the Indians this summer. The first game we went to was this past Thursday night, July 7. We sat left field side. I thought I had two seats in this corner, before we left I looked and there was only one ticket. I had to go online back into the promotion and get mom's ticket and print it up. Her seat was in the same section, but up about 10 rows. Turns out, my seat was better than mom's, but after the second or third inning, I sat with her. Where we sat, it was difficult to see the batter at home plate.

This was a boring game. Zach McAllister was pitching for the first time in the majors that night for the Indians. He did not do a good job and only lasted 4 innings. He did get 4-6 strikeouts, though. We made an error and had a hard time catching balls. We even loaded the bases in the bottom of the first inning, but left the guys on base. At the bottom of the second, Lonnie Chisenhill came up to bat and was hit in the nose by the ball. He left the game, and Jack Hannahan came into the game in his place. I like him playing third base. I repeat, it was a boring game. Bottom of the 9th, we are up to bat. We are down 0-4. We load the bases and by hits and walks. With a hit, we score a run and keep the bases loaded. Travis Hafner comes up to bat, Blue Jay's change pitchers. Mom says, they should walk Hafner, but they did not, instead they pitched to him. Guess what? On the first pitch, Travis hit the ball and knew instantly, that he had hit a home run. Hafner had hit a grand slam to win the game! Final score, 5-4. We came from behind to win the game!

Before the game, mom and I walked around Heritage Park. I took pictures. Next time, we will walk around the Indians Hall of Fame.










No comments: