Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Port Problems, Week 2

I went over to the cancer center this afternoon. My port was accessed, no blood return at all. It was flushed, and then I was given the clot buster drug. After an hour, still no blood return, they continue to let me sit. (I got two classes of papers graded.) About 5:40, Tara came over to talk to me. She could've given me another dose of the clot buster drug, but didn't think it would work, if she did, that would've had me there til after 7 pm. Instead, the nurse in charge, tomorrow afternoon, will call next door to the doctor's office and have them call over to the hospital (specials) to schedule a time next month to have my port checked. I should know in the next couple of days. That means taking a day off school to have my port checked. There is something in my port that is not allowing blood return and it needs to be removed.

No comments: