Thursday, August 02, 2012

Allergic Reaction and Infection

For the first time in a lot of years, I broke out with a couple of pimples.  I thought it was due to eating way too many Twizzlers in the past two weeks.  So after visiting with my brother, we stopped at the dollar store for a couple of things.  I bought Clearasil, the pads for the four hour stuff.  This was going to be the first time I ever used Clearasil.  Turns out I am allergic to Clearasil.  I started using it Thursday night and stopped Tuesday afternoon.  Let me just say, my chin is not fun to look at.  It hurts, itches, and feels tight!  Last night I decided that I was going to call my dermatologist this morning.  I did, no doctors are in the office this week.  Thankfully, I was able to get an appointment with my personal doctor this morning.  Besides being allergic to Clearasil,  I have an infection.  I was given a prescription for penicillin and a cream to put on my chin. 

Because of the starting penicillin, I had to call my urologist because of the kidney stone surgery on Monday.  I was told it will not be a problem to be taking penicillin and have the blasting surgery on Monday.  Very thankful for that.

No comments: