Thursday, November 08, 2012

Mammogram and Kidney Stone Surgery #3

  I was scheduled for a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound at 9:30 this morning.  Dad had me there by 9:15.  I had four pictures taken of my left breast, then I had to sit and wait a bit before the ultrasound of my left breast.  I was done there by 10:45ish.  I was told by the ultrasound technician  that she was to look for two things, and she only found one, a cyst.  She couldn't find the other one, so the doctor on duty read the films and said they look benign.  That means no biopsy.  I am glad for that.

  I walked over to out patient surgery and didn't have to wait long to be called back.  I was surprised that I wasn't taken to have an x-ray done this morning, since I was expecting it.  My port was accessed, but the initial blood flow was slow, and my port continued to run slow.  It was slow on Tuesday, when I had it flushed and had blood work done for today.

   Mom, Dad, and my best friend, Elaine came back around 12:30 to see me before my surgery.  Having Elaine come by, was a nice surprise.  I enjoyed my visit with her.  I even received my birthday present from her, all Pittsburgh Steelers stuff.  Thank you Elaine for coming to see me.

   I go to the operating room, and with my port running slow, the antheisologist says that she wants to access a vein, and I told her that might not be possible.  She said that she will wait until after I am asleep to do so.  They give me the medicine, and she did start an IV in a vein in my right arm, at my elbow.  I didn't like waiting up to that.  The surgery was a quick one.  The doctor told mom, that he had a hard time using the laser to break up the stone.  It was being very stubborn!! He broke up the stone and removed it, and   placed a stint in the tube.  He will remove the stint in a couple of weeks in  his office.

  I came home with five prescriptions.  Only got four filled, since one is for pain meds.  I have an antibiotic to take this weekend, Flomax to take for twenty days, and two other kinda pain meds, depending on if I have certain pains with bathroom stuff. 

  I hope it is another twenty years or longer before I get another kidney stone, or never again.

No comments: