Sunday, December 30, 2012

Book Review

A couple of months ago, I saw a review for a book that Tony Danza (the actor) wrote.  I didn't get it for Christmas, so I bought it on Friday.  I read the book in three days!  The book is titled I'd Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had.  The subtitle is "My Year as a Rookie Teacher at Northeast High".    Tony Danza graduated from college with a teaching degree before he started boxing and acting.

  Tony taught 10th grade English for one double block class, but was at the school all day.  He got involved in the school and  into his students' lives.  He writes about the lessons he taught, how his days were,  about his students, co-workers, and the projects his students did.  He wrote about his new understanding how hard teachers have it, and the work they put into their lessons and all of the responsibilities they have to do, and how the public puts education down.

  I really enjoyed the book, and I recommend others to read the book. 

No comments: