Thursday, December 13, 2012

Perception

  I have a good perception of myself.  There are times, where I can have a low self-esteem, but who doesn't at times.  I saw my lung doctor this afternoon. I will have another lung function test in May, and another sleep test in June.  (The sleep test is every two years.)  He said my lung function was 91%  in February and two months ago was 83%.  He wasn't too worried about that.
     I was looking at the paper of the visit in the car afterwards and go mad at him.  At the end of my list of medical problems/daignosis' and towards the end was morbid obesity.  That made me mad.  I do not think of myself as obesis.  I think of myself as full-figured.  I know I weigh a lot.  I lost about 50 pounds five years ago, and have basically gained most of it back.  I go up and down, but basically have maintained my weight.  I am fine with my looks.  (What bugs me about it, is the not dating part, and guys are wrong to not want to date me because of it. )  My lung doctor wants me to think about doing bariatic surgery.  I said that I would think about it, but I do not want to do it.
    I have made changes in what I eat.  I have cut back in my chocolate intake.  In the past few weeks, I have had more chocolate, but then again, this year has been very stressful and frustrating school year.
     People need to realize that what they say to others can hurt others their self-esteem.

No comments: