Tuesday, February 18, 2014

George Strait Concert

Saturday, I drove down to Columbus for the George Strait concert.  This is year two of the two year "Cowboy Rides Away" tour.  After June 7, George will retire from touring.  I had never seen him in concert before.  Last year, Martina McBride was his only opening act.  This year, he has a variety of opening acts.  Saturday, was Little Big Town.  They are okay, but I really wanted to see Martina besides George.
   Took me little over an hour to go three miles from my hotel to the parking garage on Saturday,  George came out around 9 pm, and started off the show with "Fireman".  The stage is a square, with a microphone at all four corners.  He sings a couple of songs at each corner.  With a five song encore, the concert lasted over two hours.  He sang"All of my Exes Live in Texas" during the encore. 

I used my zoom lens to take some pictures.




1 comment:

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Glad you enjoyed the concert.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.