Friday, February 28, 2014

The PET Scan That Didn't Happen

On Monday, I stood at the desk, I was scheduled for a PET scan for today. My lung doctor scheduled this scan, not my oncologist.  They had to call the Infusion Center to schedule an appointment for me to be accessed.  I had an 11 am appointment this morning to be accessed.I had to be downstairs by noon fora 12:30 appointment.  I am downstairs early and precede to check in.  I wasn't on their schedule.  The code for the diagnosis that my lung doctor used was for a scan that they don't do where I was.  Phone callas were made, and I found out that my test would be rescheduled.  I had to go back upstairs and be deaccessed.  I wasn't too happy. 

This was the third day in a row that I wasn't at school.  Wednesday I saw my kidney doctor and my personal doctor.  My blood work came back good, except  for my magnesium which is low. 

Yesterday, I had a light case of the stomach flu.  It started Wednesday night.

No comments: