Friday, June 20, 2014

New Lung Doctor

  Last month, I chose to change lung doctors.  I asked my kidney doctor if he knew anyone.  He gave me three names, then I called my doctor to ask her for a referral for the new doctor.  I got it and called to make an appointment.  My new lung doctor is half Hungarian.  I am  one quarter Hungarian, that was neat for me.  I will see him again  before school starts. Before then, I will be getting my fourth ultrasound of my right leg in the past year.  In early August, I will have a lung function test.

   He did show me on the computer, a comparison of my PET/CT scans from last August to the one I had at the beginning of March.  He said there was a mass in August and now it is gone.  He also said that Sarcoid is an inflammation of the lymph  nodes. 

    Yesterday morning, I wore my tennis shoes for a few hours.  That was great.  I have to build up time in my tennis shoes.  The swelling in my right leg is going down!  By end of summer, I should be back at Curves working out.  My other goal is to be able to wear my slip-ons by the middle of next month. 

   The OT is working on both of my wrists and my lower arms are very tight.  I have a few exercises to do through out the day.  I am looking for a brace to wear, which will also help. 

No comments: