Thursday, October 12, 2006

Holy Vessel

We are all holy vessels! Says in I Corinthians 6:19-20 that our bodies are a holy temple of God. Did you know that Satan loves to use our holy vessels to toast unholy causes? That makes you think? How are encroached are you in the Babylonia thinking, living? That made me think last night? What aspect of my life is being used in an unholy way? Do the clothes I wear treat my vessell as holy?

October 12, 539 B.C., King Belshazzar (it is amazing they know exactly the day this happened), Daniel 5, declared to have the holy vessels of God brought forth to the banquet hall so that they may drink from the gold goblets. This was misusing the holy vessels of God. God did not take to this very lightly. He wrote a message to the king in front of the king on the wall. Daniel was called in say what was written and what it meant. God told King Belshazzar that He wasn't happy with him, basically found him guilty, said his days were numbered. That very night, his life was ended, and King Darius of the Medes and Persians became the king.

From Daniel 2, the Medes and Persians were the second kingdom, the silver kingdom of the statue in the King Nebuchadnezzar's dream. Whatever God says to happen, will happen.

It can be so hard to trust God, because we do not think what he has in store for us is the best thing for us. Keeping my vessel holy is something God wants me to do. Trusting in his plan for my life is something else I have to do. As it says in the Lord's Prayer, "your will be done on earth as it is in heaven".

No comments: