Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Getting a Second Opinion

My onc, suggested I get in touch with four other places to help in my research on clinical trials. I left messages last Friday. One place called me back on Friday. The others called me back yesterday.

I have scheduled an appointment for next week, on the 15th. I am going up to University Hospitals in Cleveland. My goal from this is to get some help in making my decision in what treatment to choose. I do have a few clinical trials printed up.

These doctors have better understanding in all of the treatments, and know what might be best for someone of my age, with my stage, and where exactly the melanoma was. He might even have at idea of which clinical trial might be good for me or not.

I am still not sure how this will effect in me trying to work this fall. I interviewed for a teaching position up in Elyria, this morning. This school is over 80 miles round trip. I didn't tell the principal about having melanoma. I didn't want the cancer to be the reason I don't get. If I am offered the job, then I will tell her, and then it might be recinded. Who knows. I could be wrong in not telling her up front. I don't know.

Every day, I ask the Lord for wisdom in this, and to show me what he wants me to do.

No comments: