Sunday, September 23, 2007

Playoffs Here We Come




The Cleveland Indians magic number before the start of today's game was 1. They had to play their final game of the year against Oakland Athletics. At the end of the game, Cleveland 6, Oakland 2; the Indians were Central Division Champs. The Indians were the first team to clinch and qualify for the playoffs this year. Today, was also, game 155. The last time the Indians, were the first team to clinch, was back in 1999, also on game 155. Their record is now 92-63.

They will find out later this week, who they will play in round 1 of the playoffs. They will play either The Angels, Red Sox, or The Enemy. They are still fighting with Angels and Red Sox for the best record in the American League and all of baseball. Before today's game, Angels and Indians were tied with the same record, while Red Sox had the same wins, but one more loss. The Enemy has the fourth best record.

My family wants to try and buy tickets for one playoff game. I want to go. We'll see how I am doing come that time. The worse part is, we have to buy tickets in advance. Come game time, I will be about 10 days out from my LND, with still having the drain in me. I have never been to a playoff game before.

No comments: