Monday, September 17, 2007

Retreat

Friday, was my last day for my two week stint of teaching fourth grade. I left the school about 3:15 pm to head down to the cabin where the retreat was taking place. My directions I got on Google Maps, the directions were out of the way and I had to retrace my steps at the end. I was told to turn off of Rt 39, which I didn't completely realize I was on it, but only briefly. (This was only supposed to take me 90 minutes.) I stopped to eat at a Dairy Queen around 5 pm. I left again about 15 minutes later, about another 15 minutes later, I arrived at the intersection of rt 62 and rt 60. Now where do I go. I called, and found out I had to retrace my steps. I did, and showed up about 6 pm, almost 3 hours after I left school. (Took me 90 minutes to come home yesterday.)

The theme of the weekend was Encouragement. There is a book of the Bible that is mostly about encouragement-Hebrews. I didn't know that. There were about 24 ladies there. The area was beautiful. I took pics of nature and of the ladies. We each had a box, and over the weekend, we were to write notes of encouragement to every lady and put it into their box. We weren't allowed to read them until after we got home. My box is sitting on the floor next to the green chair in my room. I haven't read any yet. But will soon.

Had a nice weekend. We were to go on two prayer walks, one by ourselves Saturday morning. I didn't do the morning one, but I did go on the group one in the evening. That was different, and I did like it. That evening, we roasted hot dogs over a bonfire and we had smores for dessert.

Yesterday afternoon, after I got home, we celebrated my sissy's birthday. Had a nice afternoon.

No comments: