Saturday, May 16, 2009

No Reason

For awhile I was shaking inside and a bit scared, now I'm getting a little angry. Do the police have to have a reason to run your plates and registration? Mine was ran for no reason this evening. The only thing I could think of was the fact I still had expired TX emissions window sticker still on my windshield. (Most of it is now gone.) That alone should not be a reason to run some body's plates. I do have OH plates on my car, but my DL is TX. I was leaving the movie theatre around 6 pm this evening. Across the road was a police car. He pulled out, then I pulled out. He pulled over and I went on. He then came behind me. I pulled out onto the main road and into the left lane. He turned out behind me and the next thing I knew, he put his lights on. I was doing nothing wrong. I pulled into a dealership. He asked if my name was so and so. He said that my license were expired. I said that they weren't and didn't expire until 2011. He asked if I had them and I did and got it out of my wallet and gave it to him. I haven't had OH DL since the summer of '99. He went back to his car and came back saying I could go, there was nothing wrong. He did ask how long I had been in OH, and I said two years. I did tell him that I kept thinking I was going to move again, which I still do. He told me I need to get my OH DL. I was still a bit shaky an hour later. It was a weird and a scary experience. Besides thinking I was going to move again, I didn't want to take the written test again so I could get my OH DL again. I had just renewed them back in '05, they were still good when I moved back home two years ago. I will probably do it at some point this summer. I still think he had no reason to run my plates and scare me like he did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, they had no reason to run your plate. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think they are just trying to raise revenue in these hard times. We have a 30mph street where I live. I see people pulled over daily. One day I was on that street and a cop came right up behind me. I did 29mph until I came to my sidestreet and still thought I was going to get pulled over.