Saturday, January 30, 2010

Science Fair Judging

This morning, I judged Science Fair projects for the district I teach in. Middle School was kept separate from high school. I arrived and signed in then I got to choose which level and branch of science I wanted to judge. You could not judge your own students. I didn't have any there. I chose middle school chemistry. Of the six I judged, only one was really chemistry in topic. The students were given 15 minutes to do an oral presentation and then my judging partner and I were able to ask questions. Afterwards, we conferred and decided on points for the scoring. We had to write comments on the back, and we made sure we wrote at least one positive comment. I left after eating lunch. I saw two people that I had met last year through grad school. After I left, I went to the library and then to see my brother, since today is his 33rd birthday.

No comments: