Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My TX Visit

I had no problem leaving for TX last Thursday. I left snow for snow. Dallas area received a record breaking 12 inches of snow that day. My sub that I had requested didn't show up, and a different sub got to school about 10:30 on Thursday. Kids didn't' like him, I heard he was like a drill Sargent, which kept them in line.

I had fun with my friend's 15 month old. I took over a 150 pictures. The whole Dallas area had no school on Friday. So we met up with another friend for lunch on Friday at Jason's Deli. I took a bunch of books and a few cassettes down with me to sell back to Half-Price Books and only got $5 for the whole lot. For supper Friday night, we made tacos with ground turkey, and they were good. Saturday afternoon, went over to Stonebriar Mall and met up with our friend for some shopping. We parted ways about 4:30, then we went to the theatre to buy our tickets for "Valentine's Day". That was a pretty good movie. Afterwards had supper at Cristina's which is a Mexican restaurant.

Sunday morning was church at The Heights Baptist Church. Pastor Gary preached from Deuteronomy 6:4-6. It was a very good sermon. I had been looking forward to hearing him preach. I didn't yawn, and I usually yawn during the sermon. For lunch, we ate at Genghis Grill. I like that place. Spent about an hour at Family Christian Bookstore. I bought a movie starring John Schneider and we watched it that afternoon. Made spaghetti with ground turkey for supper.

Monday morning, went for a walk in the neighborhood, was cold. I was at the airport by 1 pm and had no problem getting home.

Saturday, my niece texted me to tell me that she and her mom were in an accident. My sis spent the weekend in the hospital and came home yesterday afternoon. My niece is fine, but my sis broke her left kneecap. She had surgery Sunday morning. They are both here at my parent's house.

No comments: