Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Respect

I was told yesterday afternoon, that a few of my students I have lost their respect. I try to treat them all the same. I have a few who I have to constantly say their name, since they just do not make good choices. They do not follow directiosn very well, don't care about learning. One of those students, I can't stand any more. How do you get control/power/respect back, once you have lost it?

Starting tomorrow, the one tutor who comes into my room for reading and math will take two of my students and do reading and math with them til at least OAT or even past then. She is not here on Fridays, so they will probably be in the room with me on that day. They will still be with me for Science. Will see how that works. I have a few who any negative consequence doesn't faze them at all. They will learn pretty quickly come middle school in the fall.

No comments: