Thursday, March 04, 2010

Port Check

On Wednesday, February 24, I got my monthly port flush. I was scheduled for 4:30, after tutoring. My favorite nurse was there :). My port flushed, but did not return blood. She tried saline into the port, then even saline via an IV into the port, nada. I was given the clot buster drug, and after waiting for about an hour, just a tiny bit of blood returned, enough to say it flushed. She said that she was going to call my onc the next day and suggest I get my port checked to see if there was anything wrong with it.

I got the call on Tuesday afternoon, and she first said for today, and I said I couldn't since I already had 2 half days for subs this week. So it was scheduled for the 12th. I found out yesterday at lunch, that I had 2 days/half days of training next week for this one program. I emailed my principal and talked to him this morning. He said to see if I could get it changed, and I was able to get it changed til the 15th of this month. That means a sub for all day, and a sub for after school tutoring that day, as well. Come the 15th I will be able to post what the whole procedure entailed.

No comments: