Monday, March 15, 2010

Today's Port Check

I was scheduled to be at the hospital at 10:30 for registration. I got there a few minutes late, no big deal. I was walked back to where I was supposed to be. I was given a bag of ice, and it took longer to ice the are of my port, since the ice pack was different from what I normally used. Once I was ready, I walked over to the X-ray room and after lying down on the machine, my port was accessed. Guess what? The cute male nurse was able to get blood return! Can you believe that? Even though he got blood return, with out a problem, they still took the xray and saw a thin film of something in the port. So I was unhooked for the machine that pumped in some dye, and walked back to the observation bed in the other room. The drug was ordered from pharmacy. The drug was started around noon, via IV into my port.

I am still getting it flushed next week. I need my port in 6 weeks when I get another CT scan. Since the problems I have had, I figured it would be a good idea to get it flushed next week.

Afterwards, I went over to the cancer care center and saw a couple of my nurses.

No comments: