Friday, June 04, 2010

God Know What He is Doing

Left school about 10 so I hung out at the main library for about three hours. Went to my meeting and it lasted about 1 1/2 hours. I will get paid through August, have health insurance through August, and I have moved up two to 23 from the bottom of the least. Of the 84 that has been slated for layoffs, 46 are elementary. Of the fifty some that have retired, only eighteen are elementary.

Before the end of the month, I have to go to HR and make changes to my yellow form and add schools, both elementary and middle school for my choices to teach at. Even though, I am saying I prefer certain schools and certain grades, I am certified up to 8th grade, but this should make it more likely I will be placed in an opening next month.

If I do get laid off, I will be put on a recall list, and depending on where I am on that list, determines when I will get called. When I am called and it is for elementary position, I have to say yes, but if it is middle school, I can say no, but the next offer, I have no choice but to accept. If I do get put onto the recall list (laid off), then I have to reapply to sub and will be given first dibs at long-term sub jobs. Then I can also get COBRA for 18 months or when I get a job, whichever comes first.

I have asked God for a job in one of the grades I prefer and in a school I prefer. But, I am also saying, "Your will be done here on Earth, as it is in Heaven." God knows what he is doing. God also knows I need insurance, and can not afford to pay for it myself every month.

No comments: