Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Getting a Crown

For the past month or two, I've had problems chewing the right side of my mouth. I have a dentist appointment in March and knew I couldn't wait until then to see the dentist. I called a couple of weeks ago, and got in this morning, after get blood work done at the Cancer Center, where I saw my buddies. My dentist took an xray of my tooth, and did a couple of quick tests, and he had three theories as to what was wrong. His theories were wrong. He was surprised to see I had a crack in one of my molars. I have an appointment in three weeks to start the process of getting my tooth ready for a crown. He re sized my bite, hoping that I should be able to chew on that side much easier now. The right side is still sore, but able to chew some on that side.

I will be taking my first "sick" day on the 12th to start the process of getting my tooth ready for a crown. I will be at the dentist for 2 hours. The lady there, couldn't find a convenient time in the afternoon or a non school day, so we went with a morning. She said my mouth will be sore for a while when they are done.

No comments: