Monday, February 21, 2011

Took Two Needles

I had a CT Scan this morning. I was scheduled for 10:30 am . I got called back a little after 11 am. I was given ice to numb the area on my chest where my port is. I am lying down, and the nurse tries to access my port. She couldn't do it. I suggest that I sit up. I sit up, and she gets a second needle and gets it into my port. After the needle is in, at first, nothing. Oh, no, I start thinking about having to walk over to the cancer center, so I can get the clot buster drug, and my CT scan won't happen until after 1 pm. The nurse pushes in a bit of saline solution and is able to get a good blood return. Yes! I was praying that there would be no problem with accessing my port. I haven't had any problems in about 9 months. I was done around 11:40 and was even able to work out at Curves before they closed at 1 pm.

No comments: