Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pulmonary Function Test

This afternoon, after school, I was scheduled for a pulmonary function test. The appointment was for 4 pm, and I was called back around 4:20. The room we were in for the test, made me have many coughing fits. I coughed a lot! There were two types of tests. The first one, had me take a deep breath and then let it all out and really push the air out. Next, I had to take quick breaths like I was running.

Next, she put a different type of mouth piece onto the machine. Took about 3 minutes to prepare for the test. I took a deep breath, pushed it all the way out and had to do that for about 10 seconds, then take a deep breath and hold it. Did that 2-3 times. Then, I was given a breathing treatment. She took the second mouth piece off and I did the first test again. There was no change from before the breathing treatment to after the treatment. The doctor should have the results by end of next week. I see him again June 28.

No comments: