Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Kickball: Teachers vs. Students

Today, students watched the teachers play the softball and soccer teams in a game of kickball. This game took place during the last hour of the school day. The first three innings were against the softball team. The next three innings were against the soccer team, and the final inning against them both. I had a lot of fun. I kicked the ball three times and each time, made it all the way around to home and scored a run. The first time, it felt weird running. One of my kids was sitting in the bleachers by first base and laughed when I ran. I don't run.

Seeing our pitcher rolling the ball to the kicker was funny. Both teams scored homeruns, by kicking the ball so it would hit the back wall. Kicking the ball into the bleachers was an automatic out. I enjoyed myself and had a lot of fun.

The kids paid $2 today to dress down and go to the game, or bring in 5 cans of beans or corn or mac and cheese in the last two days. The student council is trying to collect 3,000 cans by next Friday.

No comments: