Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Still No Blood Return

I had an appointment after school today to have my port flushed. (considering how my afternoon was, my blood pressure was good.) My port flushed without a problem, but still no blood return. Get this, when the needle is removed, that area bleeds.

The nurse has a theory about why it won't return blood. She called the doctor, nothing will be done now. A call will be put into Special Services to see what they think/say. I will get it flushed in four weeks. On January 3, I am to have blood work, if it doesn't return blood then, the nurse will try to access a vein in my arm for blood work, since this is to be fasting blood work. If need to be, I will go to Special Services the week of Valentine's Day to have them check my port and give me a certain drug, since I am to get a CT scan on February 17.

If nothing by then, we will start discussing what to do about my port. I'd rather have it replaced than try to have my veins accessed, when I know they do not work very well.

No comments: