Monday, December 12, 2011

Beautiful Wedding

Saturday afternoon, I went to a beautiful, Christ-centered wedding. I've known the bride since she was a toddler. Our families have been friends for years. Her parents and my parents are very close friends. They even went to Hawaii together almost 17 years ago, during that time, my sister watched their kids. This friend is the youngest of her siblings.

The solo sung was "Turn your eyes up on Jesus", and another song sung, was "Tis, so Sweet to trust in Jesus". When the bride and groom exchanged rings, they each quoted the verse from Ruth 1, about going where you go, your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. That is the verse that Ruth said to Naomi.

The reception was fun and enjoyable.

The new couple was set up by friends in the late spring. They got to know one another via emails, letters, and phone calls, met in June at a wedding, and the rest was history. I wish them well.

No comments: