Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Port Check #2

I had a port check this afternoon. It was scheduled for 1 pm. I got to the hospital a little after 12:30 pm. I went up to Special Services and signed in. I was called about around 1:45 pm. I stood up while the nurse accessed my port, still no blood return. Had the x-ray, then had the full dose of the clot buster drug. There is a very slight chance I will get blood return in two weeks, when I go get my port flushed.

Talked to the doctor on duty there, and we talked about having my port replaced next year. If I do not get blood return in two weeks, will have my oncologist office call and have it scheduled for in January. Will see if they can do it on MLK day, no school that day. Would like to try not to take a day off if I can.

That means on January 3, there is a very good chance that my veins will be accessed to have have blood drawn that morning. Not looking forward to it at all. My veins are very hard to access.

No comments: