Sunday, May 27, 2007

8 I AMs

This comes from the book of John. There are eight times, where Jesus says, " I Am..." After each statement, in parenthises will be the chapter and verse the statement is found.

  1. I am the Bread of Life (6:35)
  2. I am the Light of the world (8:12)
  3. I am the gate for the sheep (10:7)
  4. I am the Good Shepherd (10:11)
  5. I am the Resurrection and the Life (11:25)
  6. I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life (14:6)
  7. I am the true vine (15:1)
  8. Therefore, I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I AM (8:58)

If you notice, for 1-7, after the "I am" there is the word "the". Jesus is the only one of each of those statements.

1 comment:

Vicki Caruana said...

Thank you for your kind words! I will get back to writing about teaching on my blog soon...but it is summer after all! Be well!