Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What did the doctor say?

I saw the plastic surgeon today. My appointment was for 10:15 am, I didn't get in to see him until around noon or slightly before. I will be having surgery in two weeks. (It is not next week, because they are out of the office next week.) The doctor will be injecting radioactive dye into area will the melanoma is on my right calf. They will use this dye to see where the melanoma is draining to. They want to see if it goes to the lymph nodes in my groin area. They want to see if there is any cancer in my lymph nodes. The results of that test will take about a week.

Also in surgery, the doctor will make 2 cm incisions on both sides of the melanoma to take it out of my leg. Then a skin graft from my thigh will be made to cover the hole they make. I will be in a cast for about 4-5 days, because I will not be able to move my leg. The surgery will be out-patient and take about 3 hours.

This means mom and I will not be going down to FL that week so I could attend a job fair and go check out other school districts in FL and NC. Mom said we might go a couple of weeks later into June. I hope this will not stop me from going to TX later in June for SV's wedding.

Mom and I both know that God has a plan and his reasoning for all of this to be happening. We just don't see it. I think and pray about this, but so far, it hasn't compeltely settled in. It probably won't until after the surgery and I know more.

No comments: