Friday, June 15, 2007

Disappointment

I made my decision about the job offers from Yuma, AZ. Before I went out this morning, I recieved a phone call, saying that the 6th grade position was filled. When I came home, I called Yuma, and said that I was interested in accepting the 8th grade position at Castledome Middle School. I was told that she interviewed somebody yesterday, and was waiting for a phonecall by somebody at 3pm (PST) today. Then they would make their decision on Monday. I called the other school and found out that the AP was out. I am now waiting for him to call me back. I was told to accept the other job if I wanted to. The first phone call I made was the one I was leaning towards.

I had the right to think and pray about this. I didn't just want to make my decision half-heartedly. I needed to know this is what I was supposed to do. I prayed, I thought about it, and I talked about it. I looked up some verses in the Bible about making decisions.

Mom said that God would be honored because I prayed about it. I have prayed about my disappointment and have given it over to him. I have had quite a few people praying for me. The Lord's will be done here on earth as it is in Heaven. God has plans to prosper me, not to harm me. (Jeremiah 29:11) I am going to leave this in God's hands. What he wants, he will allow to happen. The Lord knows I want to be teaching somewhere.

No comments: