Monday, November 19, 2007

Onc Visit

This morning, I had a appointment to see my onc. He had blood drawn this morning, because my white blood count was at 1.9 Friday morning. This morning, my white blood count was down to 1.8. I was supposed to start the injections this morning, but I received a reprieve, no injection. Over at OP Oncology, they weren't expecting me for the injections. The pharmacist has to order the interferon, so I will start my injections Wednesday morning. Next week, or the week after, I will get them in the afternoon, instead of in the morning. I will receive injections Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; and have blood drawn on Fridays. A needle will be inserted into my port, so blood can be drawn, on Fridays, and removed afterwards.

My onc, said it was okay to go and see my brother at the hospital. I haven't seen him in 2 1/2 months. He was sleeping, so we woke him up. It was so good to see my brother. We gave each other hugs and kisses. I read two books to him. I sang "Jesus Loves Me" to him, and took him for a short walk. The sitter, said after my parents left yesterday, Timmy had tears running down his face. He was quiet today. I know, he was glad to see me, because he has missed me.

My brother is still in the hospital. The people in charge of the group home, don't want him at the group home, as long as his finger is open. It is healing, and is in the process of closing up on its own. They are waiting for some paper from the state to show up. When it does, then he will go to the nursing home. But, because this paper is coming from the state, my mom is hoping it takes a long time for it arrive, so that by that time, his finger will be healed, and he won't go to the nursing home, but back to the group home where he lives.

I didn't go to church again yesterday. My stomach bothered me all weekend. I took a anti-nausea pill Friday night after supper, yesterday morning after breakfast and again last night before bed. I went back to bed yesterday morning about 8:30 and slept til after 1 pm. I hope to go to church Wednesday night, but we will see.

No comments: