Friday, November 02, 2007

End of Week 2

Today, I finished week 2, which marks the halfway point in receiving the high dose of Interferon. I have been tired all week. I have taken a nap just about every day. My naps are between 30-60 minutes in length only. I was in bed early at the beginning of the week. I still have had headaches, but nothing like last week's. My stomach has been bothering me all week. The nurse told me to go ahead and start taking the anti-nausea pills I have. They can only be taken 1 every 12 hours as needed. At different times, I feel like I could possible throw up. Everyday, I get closer and closer to throwing up.

I had blood drawn this morning. I will find out on Monday, what my blood count levels say. If they dropped anymore, then the amount of Interferon I receive will change for next week. I spend the majority of the afternoons in my dad's recliner resting, before I get onto the computer.

I saw my onc yesterday. I saw the surgeon this morning, after my treatment. He said the hardness I feel is normal, it is scar tissue. It will take up to a year, for it to soften and get smaller. They didn't make me feel stupid about wanting to come in and see them. I will see the surgeon again on the 14th. It has now been a week, since I was measured for my custom made stocking. Should be getting it soon.

I saw 4 people from my past this week, and three back in September. Those are little gifts from God.

I truly believe that the reason my side effects haven't been worse than what they are, are due to all the people across the country who are praying for me. This is God listening to their prayers and answering them. Lord, thank you for listening and answering all of their prayers.

No comments: