Monday, February 18, 2008

Scan Results

First off, I have a sinus infection. I have not been feeling well. I stayed home from church yesterday, and slept for a few more hours. I got an antibiotic from my onc this morning. I have had a few nose bleeds since Thursday evening.

I had an appointment to see my onc this morning. Bloodcounts are fine. As you all know, I had my CT Scan two weeks ago. Two weeks ago, I had a kidney stone. I didn't know that I had one. I've had one before, very painful. I wasn't really having much pain. I have the usual stomach ache at different times. I also have a cyst on an ovary. My onc said that it is commen for women to get cysts. This Friday morning, I am scheduled to get an ultrasound.

After seeing my onc, I was scheduled for a appointment at the Breast Imaging Center there by the hospital. My appointmnet was for 10:20 am, and I didn't leave there til about 1 pm. I had a mammogram on them both. She showed them to the doctor, and I had to wait for about 30 minutes to get an ultrasound on them both. Then I had another mammogram, then went in for another ultrasound. One of the techs explained all what went on. This was my first mammogram, and with my history, the doctor was erring on the side of caution, and setting up a baseline to have something to comapre it to in the future. The doctor saw some tissue mass around my port. (I saw the port on the xray.) Doctor is not sure if it is residual from the port being put in. I have to get another mammogram in about six months. They are going to take a wait and see stance on it.

My last CT Scan in July, the onc saw nodules in my lungs. They are still there, and are still small. There is no change in the nodules. That is good. He was able to see a few lymph nodes, but they were visible because I haven't been feeling well.

Again, thank you for your prayers, and please continue to pray. I see my onc again on March 7.

No comments: