Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Biopsy

This morning was my biopsy. It was over by the hospital, in one of their professional buildings. I had to by there by 8:45 am, with it starting at 9am. I go back into the room, and we do paperwork first. She explains the whole procedure to me, I ask questions, she answers and vice versa. This mass, that was being biopsied, could not be felt by touching, can only be seen by x-ray.

I laid down on my stomach, and my left side hang down through a hole in the table. They squished and squeezed, with tools and took pics. Couldn't see it, so went over for a mammogram. The density of the mass is the same as the rest of the tissue surrounding it. Went back and got situated again on the table. They got me already, then I said I needed a pillow for my right side, because the area around my port was bothering me. I tried not to move, but I did, so they had to start all over again, in getting me ready for the biopsy.

They numbed it, inserted a needle, took pics, went around the clock to get tissue samples. At the end, they inserted a clip, so that if I ever had to see a surgeon, got another biopsy, mammogram, they could see where a biopsy was done beforehand.

I have had to keep ice on that area off and on all day. I was in the room for a couple of hours. I received a ride in a wheelchair up to the seventh floor to get my injection. They were busy, so I stayed in the wheelchair and was taken care of right there in the middle of the room, blocking traffic.

I will get the results next week when I see my onc.

I woke up fine this morning. We left around 8 am, and by that time, I was ready for a nap. I was tired all day.

It is currently snowing.

No comments: