Friday, March 07, 2008

Need a Biopsy

Saw my onc this morning. My dad was there with me for my appointment. First, I am a little anemic, explains why I am tired, besides the Interferon making me tired. My ovaries are fine. They thought they were seeing something near my port when I got the mammograms/ultrasounds last month. There's nothing really there. They do see a 3.5cm mass in my left breast. There are two options, wait 3 months then get another mammogram/ultrasound, or get a biopsy. My onc prefers me getting the biopsy, because of my melanoma. The radiologist is going to perform the biopsy instead of a surgeon, because this way, I will get it done sooner.

So, Wednesday, March 26, at 9am, I am going to get a Sterotactic Guided Biopsy of my left breast. They believe it is benign, and I was told not to worry. I haven't yet. I will get the results the following week, when I go to see my onc again.

The biopsy can't be done next week, because I am going to a teacher job fair over at the university. So far, I have 8 interviews scheduled for next week. I have room for 4 more. Please keep that in your prayers also.

I saw my surgeon on Wednesday. I do not have to see him again for 6 months. He said something to me about seeing a dermatologist, so I have an appointment to see one on April 2.

Today, I have been the most "awake" than I have been all week.

*************************************************************************************
When people read blogs, they will sometimes look at the comments that have been posted. I've done that, and I don't care if you read those that have been posted on mine. There are two comments that were posted on my post from last week, with pics of snow. Please do not try to read those comments, I'm afraid if you do, if they might try to cause a problem for you on your computer or not. I do not know how to delete them. I've changed a couple of things on posting comments.

*************************************************************************************
My friends in TX, yes, I know you received some snow this week. Your most recent storm, is up here in OH. It started snowing little after 10 am today. We already have 3-6 inches of snow, and are expecting about a foot or more by 4 am on Sunday. Maybe, I will take more pics and post them. Enjoy your snow.

No comments: