Wednesday, March 12, 2008

March Job Fair

Today, was the teacher job fair at AU. Over sixy school districts were there. I had 11 interviews today, and I gave out 24 resume packets. I recieved two possible job offers, one of those I actually signed a letter of intent/contract. I had interviews with districts from the following states: AZ, KS, NV, GA, SC, NC, and MD. There was even a school district there from Alaska.

I tried to get into as many OH school district lines, but they were long. I gave to a few of thoe districts, but the majority of my packets went to the out of state districts.

The district with the possible job, I have to fill out the application and make sure they have all of my info. They are having their own job fair April 19. I can go down there, meet and interview with principals that I would be interested working with, and those who are interested with me, just decide where I want to work, and can leave there with a job for next school year. That is what I go from my conversation with them. If I don't get something next month, then I would be given a school to teach out come around July 1.

I need to pray about all of this, do my job, research the area and different schools, go down a day early to check out the area. This job fair is the same week, that I am going back up to EMU for their teacher job fair.

I would appreciate your prayers for wisdom in this area. God has a place for me to teach at, He will reveal it in time.

No comments: