Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Brother

Last fall, I posted about my brother staph infection he had in his finger. I wasn't sure if I was going to post about him from this week or not. I've thought about it and have decided to post.

I didn't go see Timmy last weekend, because I was still sore on the left side from my biopsy, and Timmy sits to my left, on the couch. Sunday night (Easter), mom received a phone call telling her that Timmy was in the hospital. He woke up Saturday, with sinus problems. Sunday, he was worse, face red and half of it swollen. They took him to Emergency and he was admitted. He has another staph infection, this time in his nose, and bacteria in his blood. They talked about doing surgery, but the doctors have now decided no surgery. That is good news. He is on a very strong antibiotic, that he gets twice a day. His doctor was supposed to prescribe a pain medicine for him.

Timmy fell out of bed last night and hit his head. He didn't need stitches, that is good.

I haven't seen him yet and won't until after he is sent home to the group home. My parents want to make sure I don't catch anything. My sinuses have been bothering me this week. I keep getting sinus headaches. Tylenol doesn't work, so I've started taking Sudafed.

Thank you for all of your prayers. I really do appreciate them.

No comments: