Monday, May 12, 2008

May Onc Visit

I've been busy subbing. Which is good. My body has gotten used to the interferon again. I took a pain pill Saturday night, first one in a week, because I had a headache all day. I did take a Sudafed in the morning. If I have a headache due to the Interferon, pain pills are the only thing that helps it.

I saw my onc this afternoon. I've lost 6 pounds in the past 6 1/2 weeks. My white blood count is at 2.7 for the second week. That is good. My side effects seem better than before my trip to NC. I make little goals for where I would like to have my weight at each time I see my onc. Decreasing portion sizes, cutting back on certain things, and trying to increase my walking is what is helping to loose weight.

I will see my onc again next month, June 16. At that appointment will schedule my next set of scans. The scans will be scheduled for July or August. The tests from February and March, I had to pay just under $700 for them. My onc doesn't want to make the financial burden for the tests too much on me.

My mom has suggested I go to apply at a daycare center for the summer. I want to get my injections in the morning during the summer. Working will be helpful, because then I can have money coming in. Need to pray about it and check into it. I also need to get back to work at applying to school districts around here, and start emailing principals around here and down in NC and SC. I haven't done anything since we got back from NC.

No comments: